The purpose of this organization shall be:
- To improve, strengthen, promote and encourage the enjoyment of the Round Dance movement in the state of Oregon, in all phases;
- To cooperate with other leaders, callers, and organizations;
- To promote Round Dancing as part of Square Dancing;
- To provide a vehicle for teachers/leaders to exchange ideas, dance material information, and good fellowship;
- To assist in the improvement of the professional development and skills of area Round Dance teachers/leaders.
...excerpt from ORDTA Bylaws
We are Round Dance Teachers, primarily but not exclusively from the state of Oregon. If you are interested in joining us, just visit the How to Join section and we'll get you going.
The Oregon Round Dance Teachers Association (ORDTA) is a non-area member of the Oregon Federation of Square and Round Dance Clubs. The ORDTA Chairperson is accorded a place with the other appointed officers and is afforded the opportunity to make a report at State Federation meetings. ORDTA does not have a vote at State Federation meetings.
Communication is primarily by e-mail. If you are a member and are not receiving e-mails from us, send an e-mail to our Secretary (Cheryl & Geoffrey Manley) to get on the e-mail list.
If you have any corrections to this web site, information you would like published on this site, or requests for additional information, please let the web master know.